The data controller is Thomson Reuters Foundation whose registered address is 5 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AQ.
Data we Collect About You
We may collect the following information about you:
- Contact Data: This is information such as your name, email address which we collect when you contact us by email, subscribe to any of our newsletters, use our services or provide such information through our surveys.
- Profile Data: This is information such as the organisation you work for, your job title and role, and your area of expertise which we collect when you sign-up to use any of our services.
- Analytics Data: where you accept certain cookies, we may collect information on how you use our website and services. This may include Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data will be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Why we collect and use Your Personal Data
We will only use Your personal data for the purpose for which we collected it which include the following:
- To register you as a new contact and manage your relationship with us; This may include managing communications with you based on the feedback you may opt to provide in surveys;
- If you register to receive Newsletter from Us, Your personal data will be used to send you these updates which you can opt out from at any time;
- To improve our website, products and services, or customer relationships;
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing Your personal data are:
- For a) and b) above, on the basis of Consent: by signing up for Our Newsletter, or completing surveys, You are giving clear consent to process Your personal data for the specified purposes.
- For c), on the basis of basis of Legitimate Interest: processing this data is necessary for Our legitimate interest of ensuring that we understand how you interact with our website and optimize your experience.
We only share your personal data with third parties with your consent or other lawful basis for doing so, in accordance with this Policy. Specifically, in relation to your subscriptions:
- We manage our contact information and email outreach using Salesforce and Campaign Monitor, and your data may be processed subject to their terms of service.
Data Transfer and Storage
We securely store your data at a destination outside the United Kingdom ("UK"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the UK who work for us. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by implementing appropriate safeguards and taking all reasonable technical and organisational steps in accordance with this policy.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
In case of any questions regarding our privacy practices, if you would like to execute your rights or would like to submit a complaint, please contact email@example.com.. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.